YouTube has announced YouTube Red. It will cost you $9.99 a month and you’ll be able to enjoy videos across all of YouTube without any ads popping up, you’ll also be able to save videos to watch when you’re offline on your phone or table and be able to play the videos in the background, just like a music player.
In my best salesman’s voice, BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE, another incentive to join YouTube Red: Next year, you’ll have access to new, original series and movies from some of YouTube’s biggest content creators. You can check out the list below, which I’m sure is going to grow:
- Scare PewDiePie: In this reality-adventure series from the creator and executive producers ofThe Walking Dead at Skybound Entertainment and Maker Studios, experience thrills, chills and laughter as PewDiePie encounters terrifying situations inspired by his favorite video games.
- Sing It!: From Fine Brothers Entertainment and Mandeville Films comes SING IT!, a scripted comedy that lovingly satirizes the reality singing competitions that have become a centerpiece of pop culture.
- Lazer Team: In this feature-length action-comedy from Rooster Teeth and Fullscreen Films, four small-town losers stumble upon an alien ship carrying a mysterious cargo, leading to a battle to save Earth from an all-powerful enemy.
- A Trip to Unicorn Island: From the team at Astronauts Wanted, this feature-length movie gives fans an extraordinary look inside the life and journey of Lilly Singh as she embarks on a challenging 26-city global tour where she has to remember to practice what she preaches: happiness is the only thing worth fighting for.
- Untitled Joey Graceffa project: In this all-new reality adventure series, Joey Graceffa brings together an ensemble of top YouTubers for a murder mystery they’ll never forget. They’ll form alliances to survive, but little do they know that most won’t make it out alive.
- 360 Project from MatPat of Game Theory: YouTube educator and pop culture expert MatPat from The Game Theorists invites the audience to come along for the ride in an innovative new series and 360 VR experience. In each episode Matt explores the real-life science behind popular video games by throwing gamers into the high-stakes scenarios they play through every day, from water jetpacks to haunted pizzerias.
- Single by 30: In this romantic drama series from Wong Fu Productions and New Form Digital, two high school best friends make a promise to get married if they’re still single at 30. A decade later, with 30 quickly approaching, their attempt at upholding their vow unfolds in unexpected ways. Starring Harry Shum, Jr. and Kina Grannis.
- Untitled CollegeHumor project: Written by and starring the cast of CollegeHumor, along with special guests, this new anthology series will take a dark and comedic look at the absurdity of Internet culture.
- Fight of the Living Dead: In an unprecedented social experiment reality show from Alpine Labs, Fight of the Living Dead takes popular YouTube talent and traps them in a frighteningly realistic zombie apocalypse. They must use their instincts and gaming skills to survive as they battle the elements for the ultimate prize of survival.
- I Am Tobuscus: From the mind of Toby Turner, this scripted comedy explores the world of a self-involved YouTube creator pursuing bigger stardom. The show features original music, and satirizes the hilarious details of being an eccentric, new-age celebrity.
By joining YouTube Red, you’ll also gain access to YouTube Music and YouTube that will be available soon. The YouTube Music app is designed to make discovering, watching and listening to music easier than it has ever een. Any song or artist you choose on YouTube Music will start you on a personal journey through one of the richest music catalogs. As an added bonus: YouTube Red works with Google Play Music, so subscribe to one and automatically gain access to the other.
If you’re in the US of A, then you’ll get the chance to check out YouTube Red for free, with a one month trial, starting on October 28th.