Richard William “Wil” Wheaton III is an American actor, blogger, voice actor and writer. He is mostly known for his role in Star Trek: The Next Generation, Stand by Me as Gordie Lachance and his current role on The Big Bang Theory as himself. Wil Wheaton is the ultimate geek in my books, but besides the obvious here’s some other interesting things about Wil that you may now know.
- Richard William Wheaton III was born on July 29, 1972
- Wil was born in Burbank, California, U.S.
- Wheaton made his acting debut in the television film A Long Way Home in 1981
- Wheaton made a guest appearance as a fictionalized version of himself in the comic book PS 238, in which he harbors the power of telekinesis.
- Wheaton is a Dungeons & Dragons player
- In Dungeons and Dragons Online, he became the dungeon master of the Temple of Elemental Evil quests.
- Wil is a presenter for the web series TableTop.
- Wheaton played Robins voice in DC Universe Online in 2011.
- Wheaton is also a “die-hard” fan of the Los Angeles Dodgers and has gone to many games at Dodger Stadium
- Wheaton is also a major longtime fan of the Los Angeles Kings ice hockey team and can often be found at the Staples Center at both regular season and playoff games.
Check out Wil Wheatons official website www.wilwheaton.net
Check out this clip of Wil Wheaton ranting on about Star Wars. Its pretty interesting actually.
[amazon-related-products keywords=”wil wheaton”]
Help us choose next weeks Geek of the Week. Vote below for your pick.