I was very excited when Razer announced the unveiling of their new mobile device a few days ago. Razer one of the leading gaming-centric paraphernalia manufacturers in the world has decided to go into the mobile phone business which tells you a lot from what to expect. I did some reviews on my own and found out that the newly announced device is not your average smartphones as it packs a 4000 mAh battery storage capacity, 8GB of DDR4 RAM, microSDXC up to 2000 GB, say whaaat!? Yeah, you heard right. 2 TB on a smartphone. Am still juggling up 512 SSD on my laptop. USB-C port and a display feature that no other smartphone has. Where have you been all my life? Now I wish I had not pre-ordered the iPhone X. Furthermore, Razer spent a lot of resources designing its own custom Android launcher from scratch to match its gaming characteristics.
The display and design are where it gets even more interesting.
Its rectangular design is so unapologetic and aggressive that it features no round corners on every edge of the device. Not only the battery is humongous at 4000 Mah but it features a 120Hz ultra motion display which is the first ever on a smartphone with no lag at all while regular flagships maintain just about 60 Hz refresh rate.
Furthermore, for the first time ever on a smartphone well technically not the first time since Samsung has had the quick charge feature for a while but Razers quick charge has never been seen before as it is Qualcomm 4.0 quick charge. All these specs are powered up by its monstrous 4000Mah.
What’s in the box:
• Phone 64GB
• Built-in Lithium battery
• USB-C charging cable
• USB-C audio adapter
• Quick charger
• Quick eject pin (thumbs up)
• Product information guide (May vary according to location)
• OS- Android 7.1
• Dimensions- 6.24 x 3.06 x 0.31 inches (158.5 x 77.7 x 8)
• Weight- 6.95 oz (197 g)
• Main body- Metal
• Fingerprint- Yes
• Screen size- 5.7 inches
• Resolution-1440 x 2560 pixels
• Pixel density-513 PPI
• Technology-IPS LCD
• Screen-to-body ratio-73.22 %
• Scratch-resistant glass (Corning Gorilla Glass 3), Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor
12MP Dual LED
Optical zoom-2.0 x
Hardware Features (Camera):
• Dual-camera (13-megapixel, F2.6 aperture), Autofocus (Phase detection)
• Software Features:
• Touch to focus, Face detection, Self-timer, Digital zoom, Geo tagging
• Settings-Exposure compensation, ISO control, White balance presets.
• Shooting Modes-Burst mode, High Dynamic Range mode (HDR), Panorama
• 3840×2160 (4K) (30 fps)
• Video calling, Video sharing
• Selfie camera: 8 megapixels
• System chip- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 MSM8998
• Processor-Octa-core, 2450 MHz, Kryo 280, 64-bit, 10 nm
• Graphics processor- Adreno 540
• System memory- 8 GB DDR4 RAM
• Built-in storage- 64 GB
• Storage expansion- microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC up to 2000 GB
• Battery Capacity- 4000 mAh non-replaceable
• Screen mirroring- Wireless screen share
01 Nov 2017
02 17 Nov 2017
Retail price £700 in European countries and $699 in the United States.