Thank you to Activision for providing me a copy of Call Of Duty: WWII to write this review!
Now, first things first, I’m not great at first person shooters. I’m usually on sports games, like Madden or 2K. But I like playing with a sniper rifle when I do play Call Of Duty games. If you like, you can add me on PSN: magoodeleon! What I will say, I’m excited for the next time my 11-year old son John Jr. comes over. He and my 18-year old son are pretty damn good at the Call Of Duty games, but they’re both stuck on playing Black Ops 3 because they like it better than Infinite Warfare.
On to Call Of Duty: WWII… The gameplay is nice and smooth! The graphics feel realistic. There are some subtle differences between the BETA and what was actually released at retail. I like the fact that there’s no more double-jumping in the air and doing a 360 rotation before firing a sniper rifle in the air. This is definitely more grounded in reality.
The visuals are absolutely beautiful! Taking us back into the World War II era of Normandy on D-Day and areas across Europe.
The most I’ve seen anyone have as far as kills are concerned has been 36. It’s definitely different than seeing the 70 or 80 that people would have on Infinite Warfare or Black Ops III. It takes a little more tactical approach to sort of plan where you’re going to go or how you and your team act/react to things. As of right now, I’m at a level 29.
I started the Campaign over the weekend. I’m a big fan of this mode, maybe more-so than others. I’m the person that will play MY CAREER on 2K to see where my player stacks up against the rest of the NBA’s. In the Campaign, you follow Private “Red” Daniels through moments such as D-Day and the liberation of Paris. It sets the tone for most of the other modes of gameplay that are contained in CoD: WWII. The concept here is NO TECHNOLOGY and to work together as a team. Again, these ideas/concepts work throughout the other game modes as well, especially multiplayer.
In Mutiplayer, it’s the normal Call Of Duty game. You will get killed pretty fast, you will respawn, do some killing of your own and die again. Rinse. Wash. Repeat. It’s how many kills you can get in a row that will stack your numbers higher and higher.The concept of teamwork plays out most here. If you have a teammate that you can work in tandem with, then you’ll make it a little farther in the game while getting better stats.
Another standout mode that is new to Call Of Duty is WAR. War is absolutely what the name states. You battle from either side of a war. You’re either coming onto land from water and trying to advance on the enemy, while taking out their weapons and communications devices. It can get a little repetitive because once you die, you go back to the starting point of the current level the group is at. When the first team finishes, the second team has the amount time that it took the first team to accomplish the same goals.
Nazi Zombies, I’ve only played through a couple of rounds. The setting is definitely dark and fits the theme of Nazi’s in WWII. There are A LOT of things that you can uncover from what I’ve been seeing. The younger kids are the first ones that know everything and my 11-year old son has been helping me as we play. All of the upgrades that are available, it’s a little easier to survive Nazi Zombies than in previous editions of CoD.
THE FIRST DLC:
The first DLC for Call Of Duty: WWII will be released first on PlayStation 4 on January 30. The DLC will be called “The Resistance”
Call of Duty® returns to its roots with Call of Duty®: WWII—an experience that redefines World War II for a new gaming generation.
In Call of Duty®: WWII, players will battle across Europe through strategic locations in history’s most monumental war. Experience iconic Call of Duty combat, the bonds of camaraderie, and the brutality of war against a global power throwing the world into tyranny. Players will engage in combat across three robust game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer, and Co-Operative.
• Campaign mode transports players to the European theater as they engage in an all-new Call of Duty® story set in iconic World War II battles
• Multiplayer marks an exciting return to the franchise’s World War II roots and combat that defined the franchise. Prepare for fast-paced, grounded action with an arsenal of iconic weapons and equipment in the fight to liberate a continent in the throes of tyranny. Call of Duty: WWII immerses players in the brutal gameplay of history’s largest conflict
• Nazi Zombies unleashes an original story featuring a dark new co-operative experience full of unexpected, adrenaline-pumping moments
Call of Duty®: WWII tells the story of heroism on a global scale, through the unbreakable brotherhood of common men fighting to preserve freedom in a world on the brink of tyranny. Players enlist in a gritty, intense campaign through the harrowing battlegrounds of war, facing overwhelming odds and hostile terrain across Europe, in a gripping experience that honors the history of World War II.
• BLOCKBUSTER WWII ACTION Call of Duty: WWII features the epic scale, cinematic moments and intensity that only Call of Duty delivers, all set against the backdrop of the largest global conflict in history. The game redefines World War II for a new generation, delivering an experience that was not possible on previous systems.
• CAMERADERIE Featuring a global cast of characters across Europe, players will follow the gripping story of Ronald “Red” Daniels, a member of the US 1st Infantry Division, as they trek through the harrowing European theater of war. Joining Allied forces from the U.K. and the French Resistance, across the beaches of Normandy, to the liberation of Paris and ultimately into Germany, the squad must fight alongside a global and diverse cast of characters to achieve victory. The story campaign delivers the gritty authenticity and cinematic intensity of WWII combat, honoring the unforgettable heroism of those who fought in World War II.
• AN IMMERSIVE GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE Call of Duty: WWII brings to life some of the most iconic moments of World War II, including the D-Day Invasion of Normandy, liberation of Paris and the Battle of the Bulge, with incredible visuals and awe-inspiring sound that puts players in the middle of the action.
Call of Duty®: WWII Multiplayer marks an exciting return to the franchise’s World War II roots and combat that defined the franchise. Prepare for fast-paced, grounded action with an arsenal of iconic weapons and equipment in the fight to liberate a continent in the throes of tyranny. Call of Duty: WWII immerses players in the brutal gameplay of history’s largest conflict.
Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer offers players true franchise innovations across the entire experience with brand new ways to connect, compete and engage as a community. Divisions redefines how players develop their WWII Multiplayer Careers by enlisting in five iconic WWII-era divisions. War Mode lets players compete against each other in team-driven, objective gameplay. And Headquarters is a transformational new experience that will connect players like never before.
• DIVISIONS Divisions fundamentally redefines how players invest in their Multiplayer career. This is a reimagining of the create-a-class system, and players will choose from five iconic World War II divisions each with specific division training and division weapon skills. This streamlined approach to Multiplayer gives players the ability to reinforce their individual play styles while dominating the enemy in some of the most iconic locations of the world’s largest conflict.
o Airborne Division: The first to the fight, the Airborne Division moves fast and stays quiet, armed with undetectable silenced SMGs
o Mountain Division: Death from a distance, the Mountain Division, with their sharpshooter focus and sniper rifles, is precise and deadly
o Infantry Division: Extremely versatile, the Infantry Division is equipped for mid to long range rifle engagements and up-close-and-personal bayonet charges o Armored Division: Bringing the heaviest firepower, the Armored Division is armed to the teeth with explosives and LMG firepower
o Expeditionary Division: Packing heat, the Expeditionary Division is well-equipped with incendiary rounds and shotguns
• WAR MODE War Mode is an all-new game mode where players must work as a team to defeat the enemy. This narrative-driven Multiplayer experience, developed in partnership with Raven Software, immerses players in iconic World War II locations. Allied and Axis forces clash in team-driven assault and defend missions for key strategic objectives.
• HEADQUARTERS Headquarters is an all new off-the-frontlines experience for Call of Duty players. Players will compete, earn rewards, show off their accomplishments, and connect with fans and friends. Unlike anything experienced in Call of Duty to date, Headquarters transforms the Multiplayer experience by redefining how players engage with the game and with each other.
• BOOTS ON THE GROUND GAMEPLAY Multiplayer marks a return to iconic boots on the ground Call of Duty gameplay that fans know and love. This return to classic combat makes for more strategic, grounded and meaningful Multiplayer engagements
• E3 HANDS-ON MULTIPLAYER MAPS
o Point Du Hoc Fight through a fortified network of German bunker complexes atop the cliffs at Pointe du Hoc, an important strategic target overlooking the beaches of Normandy. Engage in fast-paced, close-quarters combat in the trenches, or flank the enemy in a brutal fight to lock down the nearby farmhouse and bunkers for control of key access routes to the bluff.
o Ardennes Forest Battle through the frigid snow-covered forest of the Ardennes during the Battle of the Bulge, the brutal final major offensive effort by the German army to punch through the Allied front lines. Engagements are fast and deadly in the dangerous, snow-covered woodland ruins. Stay alert in this medium size, frenetic map protected by emplaced MG42 machine guns waiting to annihilate enemy combatants.
o Operation Breakout (War Mode) Fight for control of a war-torn French village west of St. Lo, an important operation in the Allied push onward and out of the beachhead at Normandy. Allied and Axis forces clash for control of a strategic manor to secure a forward operating position. Bridge construction, ammo depot demolition and tank escorts are key strategic tasks in this do or die mission to dominate the enemy. Choose your equipment wisely – every decision can mean the difference between victory and defeat in this narrative-driven, objective-based multiplayer experience – a first for Call of Duty.
Call of Duty®: WWII’s co-operative Nazi Zombies mode unleashes a new and original story, in this nextlevel standalone game experience full of unexpected, adrenaline-pumping moments.
#CODWWII game update coming tonight/tomorrow morning. Thank you so much for your continued patience. We're working around the clock to address improvements and open items in order to make the game the best possible for fans. Stay tuned to @SHGames for more details.
— M.Condrey in WWII (@MichaelCondrey) November 9, 2017
Call Of Duty: WWII Xbox One:
Call Of Duty: WWII PlayStation 4:
Call Of Duty: WWII Season Pass:
Call Of Duty: PlayStation 4 Deluxe Digital:
Call Of Duty: WWII PlayStation Slim 1TB Bundle: