Ozobot, makers of the award-winning coding robots for the next generation of creators, has announced updates that enables the company to reward Evo users for their innovative ways they play, create and share using the robot.
Effective immediately, Ozobot is rolling out a leveling system that tracks users’ progress and rewards them even when using Evo without a tablet or smartphone. This update will be on view at Ozobot’s CES 2018 booth (LVCC South Hall 2 #25429), along with enhanced in-app game controls, design, and sound effects.
Nader Hamda, Founder and CEO of Ozobot had the following to say:
“We designed Evo to be the best robot on the market, one that revolutionizes learning through creativity and social connection. Evo bridges entertainment and education, and grows with a child as they advance from coding with colors to block programming. Evo is the updatable robot that is constantly evolving to deliver an ever-expanding experience that’s fun and challenging, and we look forward to showcasing the latest updates at CES 2018 in Las Vegas.”
- New Level System: Users can now get rewarded for and level up from their activities with Evo, from playing with Evo’s Tricks, to choreographing music and lights, to coding. As users level up, they earn coins which they can spend on things like upgraded avatars.
- Upgraded Avatars: 27 new unlockable avatars have been added with everything from robot dogs, zombies, and unicorns to pandas and pirates. In addition, the original nine avatars have all received a visual upgrade to match the new look and feel of the app.
- OzoBlockly Update: The app’s OzoBlockly section now features six sample programs that have been coded to highlight what Evo can do, from Fashion Runway, which shows off Evo’s decorative skins (sold separately), to Color Mixer, which turns Evo’s sensors into a game. Users are invited to:
- Go to the editor at ozoblockly.com/editor to modify the six sample programs, changing existing code the same way today’s top engineering and entrepreneurial minds learned.
- Remix Evo’s code and teach the bot new tricks by creating brand new programs, which can then fill the rest of the app’s My Programs section. Users can run programs on Evo even when not connected to the app.
- Unplugged Play: The new level system connects physical play with digital technology. For example, when kids program Evo with Ozobot’s patented Color Codes, which let them code their robots using nothing more than paper and markers, Evo remembers their activities and automatically rewards them the next time they connect to the app.
- New design, sound effects, and music: Every pixel of the Evo app has been enhanced, including improved game controls for OzoLaunch, added sound effects and music throughout, and fresh creative ideas in the Explore section that can help users level up even more.