Comcast has announced an amazing campaign that will be taking place on Comcast Xfinity, celebrating Black History Month, titled Groundbreakers: Superheroes Behind The Mask. The campaign will feature original short stories, print ads along with commercial and radio advertisements featuring the creatives behind America’s beloved superheroes and animated series.
There will be exclusive Video On Demand (VOD) packages featuring
Phillip Boutte, Jr. costume illustrator and concept artist for such films as “A Wrinkle in Time,” “Justice League,” and “Black Panther”; Cheo Hodari Coker creator of the popular “Luke Cage” series on Netflix and Dr. Sheena Howard award-winning author of “Black Comics: Politics of Race and Representation.” Academy Award nominee and powerhouse costume designer Ruth E. Carter (Black Panther) will be featured in the print campaign. While the Xfinity original short features Alitha E. Martinez, comic book illustrator; Reginald Hudlin, film writer, director and producer; Floyd Norman, Disney animator; and actor and voice over talent, Phil LaMarr. Ciara Renee, the CW’s “Hawkgirl” is also featured in the short.
“Groundbreakers: Superheroes Behind the Mask” is available to ALL consumers online at xfinity.com/discovermore. Xfinity customers can also watch the short on Xfinity on demand in the Black Film & TV destination or on their mobile devices via the Xfinity Stream app. Simply say ‘Black Film & TV’ into your X1 voice remote to access the original short and the full curated collection of TV, Movie and web content.
- Phillip Boutte, Jr. costume illustrator for films: Marvel Studios’ “Black Panther”, Disney’s “A Wrinkle in Time,” and Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Justice League”
- Cheo Hodari Coker showrunner of the popular series “Marvel’s Luke Cage” on Netflix
- Dr. Sheena Howard award-winning author of “Black Comics: Politics of Race and Representation”
- Alitha E. Martinez, comic book illustrator best known for her work drawing Marvel’s “Iron Man” and contributed drawings to comic book series, ‘World of Wakanda’
- Reginald Hudlin, film writer, director and producer with credits including “Marshall” and the graphic novel “Black Panther: The Complete Collection”
- Floyd Norman, Disney’s first African American animator with credits including “Mulan” and “The Jungle Book”; subject of the documentary ‘An Animated Life’
- Phil LaMarr, voice over artist for several characters in the DC Comics Animated Universe and Star Wars: Rebels
- Ciara Renee, actress – currently starring as ‘Hawkgirl’ on the CW’s “Legends of Tomorrow”