Piece of Cake Studios has announced Hacktag will be infiltrating Steam in the month of February!
Set in 2029 in a parallel world populated by cute, anthropomorphic animals, Hacktag is a fast-paced two-player co-op stealth-game with asymmetric gameplay. One player is an Agent in the field while the other is a virtually-infiltrated Hacker. Hired as mercenaries by competing corporations, the two players work together to carry out espionage missions via online or local co-op—or in solo mode, one player switches between the two roles.
In Hacktag, the Agent moves physically through a corporate building level while the Hacker moves alongside electronically via network nodes. While the Agent avoids physical guards (watch out for those pandas!), the Hacker avoids anti-virus software moving through the network, with both players seeking to hack computers to steal the data required for mission success. While some tasks can be accomplished by either player, many tasks require the cooperation of both—for instance, opening a locked door requires the Hacker to electronically unlock it while the Agent physically opens it.
Marine Lemaitre Freland, Co-Founder and CEO of Piece of Cake Studios had the following to say:
“We formed Piece of Cake Studios so we could play games together, and Hacktag is designed to be a truly fun co-op experience that’s very intuitive while providing exciting challenges. Whether you’re a game-playing couple, buddies looking for a new couch co-op game, or a solo gamer, we hope Hacktag makes your Valentine’s Day more enjoyable.”
- Online and local multiplayer: Play separately or share the same screen using keyboard/mouse and/or game controllers
- Single player mode: Simultaneously handle the dual roles of Agent and Hacker in frantic, fast-paced gameplay
- Original asymmetrical gameplay and co-op mini-games: With the timer ticking, deactivate alarms and unlock doors or holding cells
- “Co-opetitive” gameplay: As mercenaries, your partner is also your best competitor!
- Three corporations, three mission types and 24 levels
- Gain experience and add unlockable skills: Choose new active or passive skills as you gain levels
- Online challenges, ranking and leaderboards
- Full character creation: Customize your anthropomorphic animal character with more than 360 unlockable items
- Unique story for each player: Experience Hacktag’s story with each role getting its own unique NPCs